Please see contact information below or complete the form and we will get in touch with you.
3rd Floor Brigade House
8 Parsons Green
runBeyond™ – First 10km Running Plan
Are you ready for your next running challenge? If you’ve been a regular 5km runner with Park Run and are finding it too easy, or want to take your next step in your rehab for long distance running, setting 10km as a target is an excellent way to motivate yourself and focus your training. You’ll feel fantastic when you complete this distance for the first time, too!
In order to achieve 10k via this Beyond Health programme, you must be comfortable with running for 30 minutes and performing 45 minutes of low impact exercise (LIE). From there, you can follow our eight-week plan that mixes running, HIIT training and low impact exercises of your choice (swimming, cycling, cross trainer etc.)
The programme aims to gradually build up your strength, stamina and speed – and you get a couple of rest days each week, too! It’s challenging but a totally safe and achievable way of hitting your 10k target – and once you’ve done it, you won’t look back!
Walk 1 min, walk fast 2 min, if you have previously identified problem areas mobilise and/or preactivate as instructed.
- W = walk
- R = run
- Numbers = minutes (unless otherwise stated)
- HIIT = High Intensity Interval Training
- LIE (in order of preference) = cross trainer, bike, fast walk, versa climber, stepper, rower, ski erg, swim
Walk 5 minutes, mobilise/offload (stretch and foam roll) muscle groups which tend to get tight particularly any previously identified problem areas.
The varied types of training in this program highlights our strong belief that cross-training, strength &conditioning and mobility is critical to successful and sustained running. Together these will improve your resilience to injury, running performance and ensure you achieve a balanced exercise profile.
- Technique is everything. runBeyond™ is our running assessment & coaching service. We analyse your movement and optimise your running style to reduce your risk of injury and improve your performance. Learning how to run and move correctly is the most efficient route to achieving your goals!
- Listen to your body. If you have pain or niggles that last more then 2-3 days you should have them checked. Running introduces large forces to your body which can lead to injury
- Massage can help maintain optimal muscle health. Once your mileage is up a great IRSM qualified massage therapist could be crucial to keeping you on the road!
- Before commencing this program we recommend you can comfortably run 5km. If you don’t have this fitness base already please contact us to discuss your personal situation.
- It takes at least 8 weeks to safely allow your body to adapt to the physical demands of moving from 5km to 10km distance.
Contact us if you have any questions, or to book in with a physiotherapist for your running assessment.